ESSEPLORE PTE LTD (‘Esseplore’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is committed to protecting and respecting your personal data privacy and complying with data protection principles and provisions under applicable laws.
Scope of Terms
Collection of Information
We may collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us while using the Esseplore Platform, and information about how you use the Esseplore Platform including when you open your user account (‘User Account’), visit the Esseplore Platform or make reservations for any intended Services or use the Services. Providing your Personal Information to Esseplore is always voluntary. However, we might not be able to provide you with certain services if you choose not to give us your Personal Information. For example, a user account cannot be created for you if we do not collect your name and contact details.
1) Opening Your User Account
When you create your User Account or amend any information on your User Account, we may collect your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, username, password and telephone number.
2) Visit the Esseplore Platform, Making Bookings for the Services, ordering goods or Using the Services:
When you visit the Esseplore Platform (even if you are not a registered user or logged in), make reservations for any intended Services or use the Services, we may collect and process certain information (which may contain your Personal Information or may contain non-personally identifiable information but still linked to your Personal Information) including but not limited to those set out below:
(a)Copies of correspondence (whether by e-mail, instant or personal messaging or otherwise) between you and us, and between you and our partners;
(b) Details of your usage of the Esseplore Platform (including traffic data, location data and length of user sessions);
(c) Feedback and responses to surveys conducted by Esseplore relating to the Services and newsletters which may be published, circulated or distributed;
(d) Information automatically collected and stored in our server or the server of our third-party services provider by using or accessing the Esseplore Platform (including the login name and password for your User Account, your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser information, device information (including the unique device identifier, pages visited, previous or subsequent sites visited).
Storage of Information
- When it is no longer necessary for us to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymise the data or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information;
- We will endeavour to anonymise or aggregate your data if we intend to use it for analytical purposes or trend analysis;
- Once we receive your information, we use strict procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access. Esseplore does not give any representation, warranty or guarantee that the Personal Information you provide to us will be secure at all times, and to the extent, we have fulfilled our obligations, under no circumstances shall Esseplore be responsible for any losses, damages, costs and expenses which you may suffer or incur arising from unauthorised access or use of your Personal Information;
- All payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party providers of payment, processing services will be encrypted using online encryption technology. You are responsible for keeping your chosen password confidential and not sharing your password with any third party.
Usage of Information
We process the Personal Information collected in as far as necessary for the performance of the contract with us and providing services to you. We process the other Personal Information collected based on our legitimate interests, which are the further improvement of our services and for direct marketing purposes. For example, Esseplore may use Personal Information and other data collected through the Esseplore Platform when making purchases from the Services to provide you with the Services, to continually improve the Esseplore Platform and Services, and to contact you concerning the Services. This includes using your Personal Information or such other data to achieve faster purchase requests, better customer support and to provide you with timely notice of new services and special offers.
From time to time, we may also use your Personal Information to contact you for feedback on your use of the Esseplore Platform to assist us in improving the Esseplore Platform or to offer special savings or promotions to you, where you have indicated your consent to receiving such communications. If you would prefer not to receive notices of special offers or promotions, you may simply opt out from receiving them by unsubscribing or replying to us through the hyperlink provided in these notices.
Disclosure of Information
We may, from time to time, share and disclose your Personal Information and other data to third-party service providers, some of whom may be located outside your home country. The circumstances under which such sharing and disclosure will take place may include, without limitation, the following:
2) If you are a visitor, to the relevant partner in connection with a Services which you have made reservations for or intend to make reservations for;
3) If you are a partner, to any visitor in connection with the Services you are offering;
4) To our third-party service providers (including Google Analytics), which we engage amongst others for the performance of certain services on our behalf, such as web hosting services, data analysis, marketing, market research, and to otherwise provide you with customer service;
5) If and to the extent required by any applicable law, order of court or requests by any governmental authority to make such disclosure;
6) Within Esseplore or our subsidiaries in case of a corporate transaction in connection with a sale, merger, acquisition, or other corporate reorganisation or restructuring of our corporation, your Personal Information may be disclosed, shared or transferred to the new controlling entity or its authorised third party for carrying on our business;
7) To our advisors, agencies or other entities concerned to protect the rights and property of Esseplore;
8) In any other case to any third parties with your prior written consent, in which case we will make it possible for you to withdraw your consent.
We may also share aggregate or anonymous information with relevant third parties, including our advertisers. Such information does not contain any Personal Information and will not identify you personally. However, on some occasions, these third parties may possess information about you or obtain your information from other sources. When they combine such information with our aggregate information, they may be able to identify you personally.
Your Personal Information may be transferred outside of your home country and outside of the European Union, for the above mentioned purposes. If such transfer takes place to a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection, Esseplore will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place. Such safeguards include, but are not limited to, (i) standard contractual clauses of the European Commission; (ii) the EU-US and Switzerland-US privacy shield; and/or (iii) any other appropriate cross-border transfer mechanisms.
Cookies are data files that are on your device and computers, often with a unique identifier. Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently. When you visit our Website, we collect some of your Personal Information transmitted to us by your browser via these cookies. This enables you to access the Esseplore Platform and helps us create a better user experience for you. You will find more details about cookies and similar technologies that we use, in our Cookies Policy.
You may, at all times, access, correct or erase your Personal Information through the Esseplore Platform via the user portal. Alternatively, you may make your data access, correction or erasure request by sending your request by email to email@example.com
Where mandatory under applicable legislation, you may also request the restriction of processing of your Personal Information or object to processing by sending your request or objection by email to privacy@ESSEPLORE.com. You may also request a copy of the information that we hold about you by sending your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us via the contact details mentioned below if you have a complaint regarding the processing of your Personal Information.
When handling any of the requests described above, we have the right to check the identity of the requester to ensure that he/she is the person entitled to make the request.